Londonderry NH Pest Control Services: Garfield Pest Control
Londonderry NH Pest Control, Exterminator, Pest Management services; residential homes, commercial properties for ants, bees, termites, bedbugs, rodents, and roaches.
Ants are one of the most common problems plaguing Londonderry homeowners and commercial property owners.
As they live in colonies of hundreds or thousands, they can be challenging to get rid of. As there are a large variety of ants, the most common in Londonderry residences and businesses are sweet ants, ghost ants, odorous house ants and carpenter ants. While most types are harmless, carpenter ants can pose a significant threat to properties as they tunnel through wood, destroying it as they travel.
Signs of an Ant Infestation
- Large mounds of sand or dirt can be seen in the yard.
- Because ants travel long distances, their ant trails can be seen.
- Piles of ants can be found in sand, grass, and cracks in cement and bricks.
- And, of course, those little ants that, while searching for something sweet, are all around our kitchen countertops.
Bees, Hornets and Wasps
Without fail, bee, wasp and hornets season comes every year in Londonderry, NH. They can be found both inside and outside. They like to hide in spaces and cracks around building structures. These hiding spaces can be in doors, windows, by sill plates and around piping.
Signs of a Bee, Hornet and Wasp Infestation
- They most often can be seen buzzing near fruit tree bottoms, flowers and decorative plants.
- Because carpenter bees drill holes in wood, they typically are found in uncured wood in trees, wooden decks, fences, and even outdoor furniture.
- Hornets typically make nests viewable above ground in trees and in soffits, however, some nests are built underground, underneath siding and in gutters.
- Yellowjackets, a subtype of a wasp, make paper nests above the ground that are visible. They can be on house siding, under soffits, on posts, in window frames and in trees. However, several species of yellow jackets make their nests underground.
Bed bugs are reddish apple-seed-sized pests that can be hard to see. They will become darker after their blood meal. They can hide for months in cracks and crevices around furniture, bedding and clothing, going unnoticed. They become active when they have babies to feed and will nibble at humans at this time. Bed bugs spread quickly from room to room as they hitch rides on clothing and bedding materials. They even hitch rides in vehicles and luggage when traveling.
Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation
- Bite marks that can be blistering and in the form of hives can happen.
- Fecal spots, small dark sand-like droppings can be seen.
- Blood smears can appear on pillowcases and sheets.
- The presence of their empty molted exoskeletons can be seen.
- Bed bugs can produce a nasty odor like rotting raspberries.
Every year termites cause an estimated five billion in property damages. They quickly form large colonies and eat through the wood on home and business structures.
There are approximately 2,000 species around the world; however, there are a few common types that can cause a threat to Londonderry NH properties. Dampwood termites infest wood that has a high moisture content. Drywood termites, typically found in the southern states, build nests in walls, roofing and attics. Formosan termites, the super termite, are the most aggressive. They form huge underground colonies and chew through wood and flooring. Subterranean termites are considered the most destructive in the US.
Signs of a Termite Infestation
- Termites, while foraging for food, make viewable mud tubes and mud tunnels which are cylinder-shaped pathways.
- You may see swarmers which are winged termites that a well-established colony produces once or twice a year. They look like winged ants. If you see swarmers, it’s a sure sign you have a termite colony.
- Swarmers lose their wings and discard them after their initial flight. These wings can be found anywhere.
- Wood damage is a clear sign; however, since termites eat wood from the inside out, the damage can be difficult to detect.
Signs of a Roach Infestation
- Cockroaches are generally found in warm areas such as bathrooms, under the kitchen sink, in the pantry, in and around drains, inside walls and scurrying around your basement floor.
- You can find their droppings that look like black pepper in drawers, on shelves, under refrigerators and ovens, and in other obscure places.
- Shedding of their skin, molto exoskeletons can be found near the infested area.
- As their skin is expelled, one can smell a musty odor.
When we hear the word “rodent,” it’s enough to make Londonderry residents and commercial property owners quiver. Picturing a dirty little critter scurrying around your home or, worse yet, your restaurant while patrons are happily dining – at least they were until they saw a hideous little creature.
Rodents are a year-round problem as they get into homes and businesses searching for water, food and shelter. If you see one scurry across your high-traffic room, it may be alone and may be able to be taken care of with a mousetrap. However, seeing one in a low-traffic area such as an attic, basement or garage can mean you have a significant rodent infestation.
Even though rodents can be found year-round, they are more of a problem during the colder months as they seek somewhere warm to shelter.
Signs of a Rodent Infestation
- Nightly noises can be heard as they gnaw, fight each other and scurry around.
- Seeing their droppings in drawers, cabinets and pantries, on shelves, and in attics, basements and crawl spaces.
- As rodents’ teeth never stop growing, they continue to chew. If you notice gnawing through wood and hard plastics, they are searching for food and a place to shelter.
- And, of course, sighting them is a sign.
Londonderry NH Pest Control and Management Services
If you are experiencing any of these unwanted critters on your residence or commercial business property, either inside or outside, do not hesitate to contact the professional Londonderry NH Pest Control and Management services, Garfield Pest Control. We are here, ready and available to tackle any pest problem no matter how big or how small. If you need pest management services we can provide that as well.